|WalkExplore the Ottawa Valley on foot. This guide offers walking trails through hamlets, towns and...|
|BikeThe Ottawa Valley offers excellent biking opportunities for the beginner and the sports enthusiast....|
|DriveThe following tours, designed for the independent traveller via car or bike, will escort you along...|
|XC SkiThe Ottawa Valley has a variety excellent cross-country trails for various skill levels. This guide...|
|CanoeThe Ottawa Valley offers a variety of interesting paddling excursions with rivers and creeks...|
|WaterfallsWaterfalls, large and thunderous or sleek and elegant, are fascinating natural formations. The...|
The Pinnacle - Renfrew
|RATING:||Easy to moderate|
|TOTAL DISTANCE:||14 km|
|START / FINISH:||-Renfrew
-Park at the Museum on Arthur St or leave from anywhere in Renfrew
-McDougall Mill Museum
|SURFACE:||-Pavement: 9 km
-Gravel: 5 km
|TIME ALLOWANCE:||-Beginner: 1.5 hr
-Intermediate: 1 hr
-Advanced: 45 minutes
This is a favourite ride for many Renfrew cyclists. This ride starts in town and within a few km you are climbing up the Pinnacle to meander through farm country. This tour feels miles from town. This is a great ride for the whole family, or for a late afternoon training ride. Get out and enjoy this beautiful ride.
- Park at the McDougall Mill Museum; ride back up the hill and make a sharp right at the top of the hill onto Albert St.
- Take Albert St to Bruce St. Turn left on Bruce St; ride to the lights and turn right onto Stewart St.
- Take Stewart St to Pinnacle Rd (1 km).
- Turn right on Pinnacle Rd; there is a 1 km climb up to the top of Pinnacle Hill.
- Follow paved road to T-intersection. Turn right onto gravel road.
- Ride for 1.5 km to Cobus Rd. Turn right and follow the road for 4 km to T-intersection at Bruce St.
- At Bruce St turn right and ride down the hill to Albert St. This is a heavy traffic area so be careful.
- Retrace your route back to the Museum and spend some time enjoying the view from one of only two swinging bridges in Ontario.