|WalkExplore the Ottawa Valley on foot. This guide offers walking trails through hamlets, towns and...|
|BikeThe Ottawa Valley offers excellent biking opportunities for the beginner and the sports enthusiast....|
|DriveThe following tours, designed for the independent traveller via car or bike, will escort you along...|
|XC SkiThe Ottawa Valley has a variety excellent cross-country trails for various skill levels. This guide...|
|CanoeThe Ottawa Valley offers a variety of interesting paddling excursions with rivers and creeks...|
|WaterfallsWaterfalls, large and thunderous or sleek and elegant, are fascinating natural formations. The...|
Arnprior - Burnstown - White Lake
|TOTAL DISTANCE:||43 km|
|START / FINISH:||-Arnprior
-Park at Shopping mall at White Lake Rd and Daniel St
|SURFACE:||Pavement: 43 km|
|TIME ALLOWANCE:||-Beginner: 4 hr
-Intermediate: 3 hr
-Advanced: 2 hr
This tour is a training ride for the Men Against Flab in Arnprior (MAFIA) Bike Club. For other riders this is a great pavement tour with plenty of opportunities to take a break. The tour goes through a number of small communities, and passes by a riverside and a lake front park for swimming and picnicking. There are also a few galleries and two cafes on this tour. You may even see a few of the MAFIA on this ride.
- From the parking lot take White Lake Rd/Daniel St to the lights at Hwy 17.
- Proceed across Hwy 17 and continue on White Lake Rd for 0.5 km.
- Turn right on Vanjumar Dr. Continue on this road for 6.5km.
- At the Y-intersection take a left onto Flat Rapids Rd. This road goes to Stewartville.
- At 11.4 km you will reach the stop sign in Stewartville. Turn right onto the Stewartville Rd. Take this road for 3 km to Calabogie Rd.
- Turn left on Calabogie Rd and follow this for 7 km to Burnstown. On your left at 6 km you will see the Burnstown Park on the Madawaska River. This is a great place for a swim.
- Turn left in Burnstown at the flashing light onto the Burnstown Rd.
- Follow the Burnstown Rd for 8 km to White Lake. You will pass the park on White Lake just as you enter the village of White Lake. You will have traveled a total of 30 km.
- At the stop sign in White Lake turn left onto White Lake Rd.
- Stay on White Lake Rd and continue back to Arnprior.