|WalkExplore the Ottawa Valley on foot. This guide offers walking trails through hamlets, towns and...|
|BikeThe Ottawa Valley offers excellent biking opportunities for the beginner and the sports enthusiast....|
|DriveThe following tours, designed for the independent traveller via car or bike, will escort you along...|
|XC SkiThe Ottawa Valley has a variety excellent cross-country trails for various skill levels. This guide...|
|CanoeThe Ottawa Valley offers a variety of interesting paddling excursions with rivers and creeks...|
|WaterfallsWaterfalls, large and thunderous or sleek and elegant, are fascinating natural formations. The...|
Kiwanis Way - Pembroke
|TOUR TYPE:||Out and back|
|TOTAL DISTANCE:||4 km|
|START / FINISH:||Riverside Park &/or Pembroke Marina|
-Walking Trail Guide
|SURFACE:||Pavement: 4 km|
|TIME ALLOWANCE:||30 minutes|
Kiwanis Way is a paved bike, roller blading and walking trail that follows a small portion of the Pembroke river front. This tour begins at Riverside Park and goes to the Pembroke Marina, or you can complete the trail in the reverse. This short 4 km trail allows for excellent views of the Ottawa River, as well as a chance to see a Pointer Boat monument. At the far end of the Marina, there is a plaque that explains how Pembroke became known as “Capistrano of the North.” This is a great ride for the whole family.
- From Riverside Park parking area follow the trail through the picnic area to meet up with the paved secion of Kiwanis trail.
- Use the sections of the path that are for biking only. At the end of the first section you will see a monument to the Pointer Boats once used by loggers on the Ottawa River.
- At the end of the paved secion go through the gate and turn left to follow the road to the Marina parking area.
- Go to the end of the Marina and you will see a large plaque for "Capistrano of the North" and the yearly arrival of the swallows.
- Return the way you came or continue on into the City of Pembroke for some more exploring.