|WalkExplore the Ottawa Valley on foot. This guide offers walking trails through hamlets, towns and...|
|BikeThe Ottawa Valley offers excellent biking opportunities for the beginner and the sports enthusiast....|
|DriveThe following tours, designed for the independent traveller via car or bike, will escort you along...|
|XC SkiThe Ottawa Valley has a variety excellent cross-country trails for various skill levels. This guide...|
|CanoeThe Ottawa Valley offers a variety of interesting paddling excursions with rivers and creeks...|
|WaterfallsWaterfalls, large and thunderous or sleek and elegant, are fascinating natural formations. The...|
Cobden - Foresters Falls - Mineview
|RATING:||Moderate; very few hills|
|TOTAL DISTANCE:||56 km|
|START / FINISH:||Park at abandoned information kiosk at corner of Hwy 17 and Foresters Falls Road; or other locations depending on tour.|
-White Water Rafting
-View of local mining area
|SURFACE:||-Pavement: 52 km
-Gravel: 4 km
|TIME ALLOWANCE:||-Beginner: 4.5 hr
-Intermediate: 3 hr
-Advanced: 2.5 hr
This tour offers long, straight, mostly paved road with very little traffic. In fact, once you are past Foresters Falls, you can go for many kilometres without ever seeing a vehicle. Visit the museum in Foresters Falls - an impressive set of two historical buildings with a small park adjacent. This tour takes you by three of the white water rafting establishments that have made this part of the Valley famous. This tour also takes you by the mining industries of the area. There are many alternatives to this route, so take a map and make the tour whatever length is best for you.
- From parking area turn right on Foresters Fall Rd and follow this for 10.4 km to Foresters Falls. On your left, at the corner of Government Rd is a picnic area. Continue into Foresters Falls and see the museum in the village.
- Return to Government Rd, turn right and take this for 3.5 km to Fletcher Rd. The Renfrew County Forest Walking Trails are at this corner if you want to explore them (see Walking Tours of Renfrew County and Area).
- Turn right on Fletcher Rd for 4 km to Grant Settlement Rd/Renfrew Cty Rd 43. This is the only section of gravel road on this tour.
- Turn right on Grant’s Settlement Rd for 10 im to Kerr Line. You have traveled a total of 29 km.
- At Kerr Line turn left for 6 km.
- Turn right on Acres Rd for 5.5 km; cross Queen’s Line/County Rd 4 and continue straight. You will pass active mining industries on this road.
- Turn right at Mineview Rd and Mineview School. Take this for 6.5 km to Kohlsmith Rd and turn left.
- Take Kohlsmith Rd for 4.5 km to Mansel Hill Rd and turn right for 2.5 km.
- A Foresters Falls Rd turn left and follow the road back to your vehicle.