|WalkExplore the Ottawa Valley on foot. This guide offers walking trails through hamlets, towns and...|
|BikeThe Ottawa Valley offers excellent biking opportunities for the beginner and the sports enthusiast....|
|DriveThe following tours, designed for the independent traveller via car or bike, will escort you along...|
|XC SkiThe Ottawa Valley has a variety excellent cross-country trails for various skill levels. This guide...|
|CanoeThe Ottawa Valley offers a variety of interesting paddling excursions with rivers and creeks...|
|WaterfallsWaterfalls, large and thunderous or sleek and elegant, are fascinating natural formations. The...|
|TOTAL DISTANCE:||18 km|
|START / FINISH:||Park 2 km north of Bonnechere Provincial Park, on corner of Gunns Road and Round Lake Rd; park on right hand side of the road in parking area|
|HIGHLIGHTS:||-Forest Access Road with access to snowmobile routes -Bonnechere Provincial Park
|SURFACE:||-Gravel: 9 km
-Pavement: 9 km
|TIME ALLOWANCE:||-Beginner: 1.5 hr
-Intermediate: 1 hr
-Advanced: 45 minutes
If you are camping at Bonnechere Provincial Park this is a great way to do some exploring. The first half of this tour follows a Forest Access Road. A Forest Access Road provides access to Crown Land for logging and recreational activities. You will pass Stephenson Lake and the Bonnechere River on your left side, and Crown Land that borders Algonquin Park to the right. There are also a couple of wetland areas along this road. The road can have sections of washboard depending on the amount of logging truck traffic over the season. The second half of this route is on paved road that crosses over the Bonnechere River and passes by a fishing camp.
- From the parking area follow Gunns Rd for 9 km. This road is a Forest Access Road and posted as Unmaintained: Use at Own Risk. This section of the road can have washboard, and loose gravel.
- There are numerous logging roads and snowmobile routes that lead off this road. Many roads to the right are on Crown Land and can be explored; check Ministry of Natural Resources maps.
- At T-intersection turn left and continue onto paved road.
- Follow road through Turners Camp back to Cty Rd 58 and turn left.
- Follow Cty Rd 58 for 2 km back to your vehicle.